Promoting today's Swiss music-making
Since 1989, the FONDATION SUISA has been promoting today's Swiss music-making in all its diversity.
FONDATION SUISA is a charitable foundation and receives its financial means from an annual allocation of 2.5% of SUISA’s income from performance and broadcasting revenues in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein. We use this to promote Swiss music-making, namely:
- by supporting projects with a reference to today's Swiss music-making
- by supporting music publishers who promote today's Swiss music-making
- by publishing and distributing recorded anthologies in all music genres in order to ensure that the most comprehensive selection possible of Swiss music is made generally available
- by advertising campaigns for Swiss music, at home and abroad
- through presence at trade fairs and events abroad
- through partnerships with organisations whose goals are similar to ours
- by awarding prizes and scholarships.
The FONDATION SUISA thus does not just promote Swiss music “passively” by responding to funding applications, but is an active player on the Swiss music scene. The projects that we support, our partnerships and our permanent presence at events and trade fairs abroad allow us to expand our coverage constantly.